An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Smooshie's Success

Somedays it is absolutely wonderful to be a cat advisor. For example, I've received a lovely note from Smooshie. You may recall she was having problems using her litterbox -- even though she was in it at the time, her waste would travel outside the box! (See entry: Stand and Deliver from October 29,2009) She wrote:



I've had a change of medication (no more sore joints thank you very much) AND a change of litterbox. I've been peeing with more comfort because Himself took your advice and made me a high-sided box just like the one you showed on your blog.  There's lots of room in the box to position myself. I no longer feel confined like I was in my previous, smaller boxes. I'm squatting down when I enter the box, with my bum facing the opening. And even though it faces that way, I don't pee outside the box!

Well Smooshie, all I can say is Congratulations and you DO look wonderful -- thank you for the photo. This is such wonderful news that I'd like to throw a catnip party!

The way you position yourself made me ponder about a possible improvement to the high-sided box -- by putting the opening on the longer-side of the box rather than the shorter one. That MIGHT induce cats like you to re-position yourself upon entry, so that you are perpendicular to the entrance. But frankly, Smooshie, that's just a guess on my part and I don't advise that you try it at this point. After all, as Herself might say: If it ain't broke, don't fix it! And you, my dear, are doing splendidly.

Now as a result of your excellent behaviour, I assume that some very special gifts will come your way during the holiday season. Don't hesitate to direct your slaves to the choice(s) you most favour. I will be listing some of my choices in an upcoming entry -- watch for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment