An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Molly's Good News

Dear Readers, I just got another update from Molly, a cat who lives with the much-more-confident Ivy and was having trouble dealing with a multi-cat household of two (see Oil & Water, 11/10/09; Molly's Update, 28/12/09).

In her own words: Just reporting that things are improving more and more. My purrsons were finally able to take their Christmas tree down two weeks ago because I wasn't going under it anymore. I am still always looking for Ivy but can actually fall asleep in the same room as her and about five feet apart. My purrson started feeding me a little wet food every morning and I wake her up and SHE follows ME to the kitchen, tail held high (Molly, I assume it is your tail!). We pass by Ivy and I don't slow down. She got her food first one day, and I went right over to her dish with her there. (I am not that brave when food isn't involved.) I still hiss on occasion when she surprises me. I am enjoying life much more.

Molly,  You are an inspiration to all shy and frightened cats. I am SO proud of you! Greyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment