An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Molly Takes a Big Step

Readers, you may recall Molly (of Molly and Ivy, not Molly and Filou) a painfully shy cat who is trying her best to become a full-fledged member of her household. See also Oil & Water (11/10/09), Molly's Update (28/12/09) and Molly's Good News (2/22/10). Here is latest report.

Dear Greyce, Here is another update on my progress.

I'm continuing to become a bit more outgoing. With the warmer weather, Ivy spends most of her time outdoors which means I have the run of the house. And I'm now able to use a litter box in the basement (rather than restricting myself exclusively to the bedroom - my safe room). But I do have my limits: I still distrust sudden moves and loud noises.

But here is my best news: I've come to enjoy sitting on Herself's lap in the afternoon.

Just thought you'd like to know. Molly

Dear Molly, How wonderful that you are able to enjoy the warmth of human companionship - quite literally. You have made remarkable progress in a very patient and caring household. And don't fret about your limits. Even I, who consider myself to be most purrfect, have been known to have limitations. And given your history and temperament, fearing sudden moves and loud noises is purrfectly understandable. Let's raise a glass to catnip wine to your remarkable progress. Purrs and whisker kisses, Greyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment