An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tiggy & Nala: On the Right Track

Dear Greyce,



Remember us? You wrote about each of us: Tiggy's Trial and also Is Nala A Nuisance? both posted on August 16, 2010.


Oh well, purrhaps you get questions from a lot of cats who don’t get along and don’t quite have our names at the tip of your pink tongue. But we wanted to let you know how well we are doing.


As the elder cat, I (Tiggy) will go first: I am gaining confidence and getting a little vocal about coming out of the bedroom (where I am sequestered). My purrson and I have at least two long play sessions a day, as well as some down-time together. I even wake her up early for a play session!


I am out from under the bed and now usually perch on top of the dresser. Sometimes I’m at the bedroom door waiting for my folks. I also have a delightful private space under a table that has a table cloth that goes all the way to the floor.


Great news! Our purrson made us a fishing-pole toy out from a long pole and butcher’s string. Nala and I both love it.


Now over to Nala: I think my folks have learned a lot about cat communication because they seem to understand me better. I still nip a little but I must admit to getting more comfortable in my new home. I love to play and play and play. At times I will nuzzle on the lap of my purrson when she is on the couch with a soft blanket over her.


So Greyce, we are doing much, much better after following your advice. We will keep you posted.


Purrs from Tiggy and Nala

Dear Tiggy and Nala, Congratulations on your progress. By the time this entry gets posted I’m sure you will have advanced even more. Keep up the good work.

With purrs of encouragement,

Greyce

No comments:

Post a Comment