An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Greetings

Dear Readers,

As you may know, I'm still recovering from serious illness. I'm well on my way but am still being monitored. This means that Herself keeps close count of my eating, drinking (and vomiting) habits, as well as what is coming out the other end. Coupled with holiday preparations, Herself isn't getting much beauty sleep and is noticeably grumpy.

And being under the weather has meant a significant slow-down in my ability to post entries and reply to inquiries. I hope to rectify this by the new year.

In the meantime, the Modern Cat  website has some stunning cat shelter ideas from architects in New York. And while I'm not sure how street-safe these are - or how practical - they ARE very inspiring. I suggest you not only click on the link, but also click on the Architects For Animals link mentioned in the article - because it provides a slideshow of the various shelter ideas. Besides maybe a new garbage can home is just what you need (take care to put a protective wide tape around the opening) - have a look at the photo on that site!

Here's to a warm and protected home for all felines this holiday season and throughout the year.

Yours,
Greyce