An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Activity Center for Cats: The Black Cats Vote "Yes!"

Dear Readers, Manufacturers do not sent 'stuff' my way, nor am I asked or paid to promote any item. However when something is worthy of feline consideration, I feel free to get the word out. I have not tried these toys . . . yet. But after reading about them from my colleagues, I've placed an order. I'll keep you posted.

Hi Greyce,

You know how we advised you to read Playtime for Cats and how much you enjoyed it. Well we not only have home-made toys and games, we also went shopping. 

As you know, I (Lucky Little Guy) am very versatile on the Internet and do enjoy finding new things. And so I went hunting for food puzzles, fumbleboards, and activity boards with a vengeance. Long story short: I ordered a Trixie Activity Center

It is really fun!

Black Berry was the first to really take to it, with me coming in a close second. Raffiki was confused because he really thought it would be much easier if Herself just gave him treats. I call him the efficiency expert in the family. He begged, turning up his cuteness quotient, but Herself held firm and made him work instead.
Now we all love it.

Herself says it is well-made and easy to clean.

I also ordered the Turnaround Game (also known as Mad Scientist ) but it is more difficult. Herself needs to spend some more time on it with us. Of course, it is Herself's fault. We've just been alerted to another human lapse: She had NOT noticed the online instruction to leave the lids off at the beginning. Hmmm, that would make life a little easier. Back to the drawing board!

It's amazing what you can get with a credit card these days.

Gotta Get Back to My Toys!
Lucky Little Guy (with Black Berry and Raffiki, too)


Hello You Three,

Thank you for the update and your review of the Activity Center. It is always good to find something that works well for us felines, cleans well for our purrsons, and is well-made.

I'm not sure, however, exactly what the Turnaround Game is. Could you please clarify as I'm sure readers will want to know?

And now I shall trawl for toys, too!
Greyce